|Posted by Riverview Chiropractic on May 2, 2016 at 8:55 AM|
Cheesy Butternut Squash Pasta
From The Recipe Critic
Here's the yummy recipe for the Mac & "cheese" made with butternut squash from Jamie Rackl, LMT. Jamie omitted the milk and just used veggie broth and used just a cup of extra sharp aged cheddar and it turned out well, but you could certainly stick more closely to the recipe. I also subbed out Banza pasta made of garbanzo beans instead of traditional pasta.
1 and ½ cups macaroni noodles, uncooked
3-4 cups cubed butternut squash, peeled and de-seeded
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
½ cup vegetable broth
¾ cup 1% milk
1 and ¼ cup cheese, I used sharp cheddar
Salt and pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
Optional: fresh parsley
1. Cook the macaroni according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat the butter in a skillet over medium low heat.
3. Meanwhile, peel the butternut squash and remove the seeds. Cut into large chunks.
4. Boil the squash until completely tender and then drain. Place the squash in the blender with the butter, lots of salt, pepper, broth, paprika, and milk.
5. Pulse until smooth.
6. Pour the sauce over the cooked noodles and add the cheese. Stir until melted.
7. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve with parsley if desired.
Categories: Newsletter Recipe